Friday, March 9, 2007

isn't this cute?

So I was browsing the spring fashions on MSN a few weeks ago and happened upon this dress by BCBG Max Azria that can be found here.
I absolutely fell in love with it and went on a trip to JoAnns looking for just the right eyelet border fabric to make this with. Just my luck, they were having a sale on eyelet for $4.99/yd. Sadly, the ONE that was PERFECT for this dress was $16/yd and the only one not on sale. Because I didn't have enough time to look for a suitable pattern to make my own knockoff, I decided that it wasn't the right time to find the fabric. I would need to figure out the yardages for any pattern anyway and it would be my luck that I would buy 3 yards and need another 2 for more border...and then, of course, they would be out. I'm sure I can find some great border eyelet online or at Hancock across town, where I can easily special-order anything they don't have in stock.
Today, while browsing at patterns online, I happened across what just might be the perfect pattern to make this dress with Simplicity 3831:It's from their Spring 2007 line. I would have to look more closely at the pattern, but I think the styling would be a great fit to get something that looked very similar. For the sleeves, I would do something similar to Simplicity 4116:I would use a sleeve similar to the photo of the yellow dress...although I may end up drafting the sleeve myself. Now to find the perfect fabric...

No comments: