Friday, March 23, 2007

Chapter 11

I read the other day that Hancock Fabrics has filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection and they are closing nearly 150 stores. In anticipation of the possibility of the Sparks store closing (sadly, the Reno store closed several years ago), I headed down to take advantage of the weekend sale they had going on and to get the scoop on the store closings. I was delighted when I walked up to the front door and a big sign reads "This store is NOT closing!". I was ecstatic, really. I like JoAnn's as much as the next person but my experience with Hancock is just so much more home-town. I will drive 25 miles from my home just to shop there, even though JoAnn is less than half that distance. With the lack of decent fabric shops in Reno, I take what I can get (I'm not counting the myriad of quilting shops, because we have a ton of those...I'm just not a quilter).

Anyway, I am thrilled that my home-town Hancock is safe...at least for now.

No comments: