Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm so bizarre

So I was looking through my fabric and pattern stash today - as well as downloading some terrific patterns that I would love to try from burdastyle.com and fell in LOVE with their Talea coat:


I downloaded the pattern, printed it out, put it all together and am now trying to find the PERFECT wool to make it from. However, it was almost 80 degrees in Reno today...which got me thinking...why on EARTH am I planning WINTER clothes when it's 80 degrees outside? It seems that when the weather is cold, I plan warm-weather clothes and when the weather is warm, I plan cold-weather clothes. I'm such a freak. The good thing is that by the time I find the time to finish the coat, the weather will be cold again.

Maybe I'll spend my summer working on the wool coat from Burda 8275 for my husband and then make the Talea coat when I've lost all my weight. What I REALLY need to do is stop planning and JUST DO IT! I haven't sewn in forever it seems! Homework keeps getting in the way :(

1 comment:

dawn said...

That coat caught my eye too. Check out Candlelight Valley Fabrics for great wools at good prices. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with this!