Tuesday, May 6, 2008

another Simplicity 3881


I really love this pattern!! I have made this 3 times now and have a couple more planned. It's a very flattering style on me - slim up top and flared at the bottom. This fabric came from Gorgeous Fabrics. I don't remember what it's called, I bought it last summer, but I LOVE it! It's difficult to match up the flowers, so I did the best I could. It looked sort of strange at the seam where the top of the skirt meets the peplum, so I added a piece of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon that I had in my stash to break it up a little. I really love this.

On another note, today I purchased the Hot Patterns Weekender Jean Jeanius Trouser Jeans pattern. I've been eyeing this pattern for a while and on a recent trip to Joann's I found a couple of great pieces of medium-weight denim that I have in mind. I am going to attempt to recreate a pair of maternity jeans (only non-maternity) that I fell in love with.

1 comment:

dawn said...

I have that fabric! I haven't figured out what to do wtih mine yet, though. Very pretty skirt!