Monday, April 14, 2008

up next...skirts!!

So I've lost all of my pregnancy weight, but I'm still not quite back to my pre-pregnancy size. My jeans *almost* fit, but they don't quite look good yet. What's great is that the weather is getting so nice and a couple of skirts I made last summer fit and look good. In honor of this, I'm going to make a couple more of my TNT Simplicity 3881 skirts. Here is the pattern:

and I'm going to make it first from a fabric I bought from Fabric Mart just before I left for my high school reunion (and consequently found out I was pregnant):

Then, I'm going to make it from this really cute pink, green and white floral that I also bought last summer from Gorgeous Fabrics. I don't have a picture of it handy, but I'll show the fabric when I post the finished skirt.

After the skirts are done, I am going to make another Simplicity 4076 t-shirt:

I have some really nice white cotton/lycra that I got from Timmel Fabrics that I had planned on using with this pattern for my now defunct SWAP. I'm going to make a modified version of the short-sleeved scoop neck version. Another TNT t-shirt pattern that will make a really easy transition back into sewing.

Then...I'll unveil my (hopefully not too ambitious) spring/summer 2008 sewing list.

Till then...

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

That is a cute skirt pattern!!!! Baby weight is the worst to get off but once it's off, it is OFF! LOL good luck reaching your goal!