Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm sewing!

FINALLY!!!! I don't have any pictures to post yet, but I finished one skirt yesterday and I have another skirt and a top cut out and ready to sew. I'll make one big post when I have them all done since they are all patterns I've made before and posted on this blog...

After my two skirts and top are finished, I have a short list of garments that I would like to make next. They include a faux suede military-style jacket (I was inspired by Erica's faux nubuck jacket. I already have the suede and pattern and reading Erica's blog and review cinched the combo for me.

This weekend I helped my mom start a SWAP-style wardrobe plan. It's not complete and for her needs it's not going to be true to the challenge, but it's close. She lives in Northern California and the climate tends to have hot, humid summers and generally mild, sometimes rainy winters. She walks several blocks to the train that she takes to work and is not only in need of some new corporate wear for her new job, but she also needs some outerwear that can handle the elements. Because her new corporate look is going to include jackets and in the winter a warm coat, I decided that this will be her overcoat:

We are going to add a removable hood. Now to find some waterproof rainwear fabric. Mom says we missed the boat on the (Burberry) rainwear from Michael's even though it's still listed on their website. Worst case, we'll just waterproof some other fabric. Since we are entering the hot, humid part of the year we have some time before the cape needs to be completed.

Baby needs to be fed, I have a paper to finish up for school and then back to the sewing room for me! I go back to work in two weeks, so I'm hoping to get as much sewing done as possible between now and then.

1 comment:

Erica Bunker said...

I can't wait to see your projects... especially your jacket. I love mine to death!