Monday, August 27, 2007

sew many things

have been going on, and sadly none of them have anything to do with sewing. Wait, I take that back...

The weekend before last, my mom, granny and I went to the Original Creative Arts Festival when it made it's way to Reno. I meant to post about this sometime last week, but the week got away from me with work and baby preparations (not to mention I am in Las Vegas this week on business). My mom and I had originally planned on taking several of the classes and seminars that were offered throughout the weekend, but that was before I found out I was pregnant. Now, I would never be able to sit through an 8-hour long class without several breaks. Instead, we decided to bring mom's mom (dear granny) to the festival with us. I don't know what I was expecting; after all, looking at the website indicates it's heavy on quilting. But after looking at the various classes offered, I thought there would be more garment-based booths then there were. Oh well - there were some absolutely GORGEOUS quilts and while I'm not a fan of wearable art items myself, there were some great items in that area as well. All in all, it was not a waste of the $7 admission fee and it was nice to spend an afternoon with my mom and granny.

Fast forward a week and I'm in Las Vegas. My house is being painted this week (hubby informed me tonight that he already finished painting the baby's room!!!) Next week, the new floors are going in the house and then hubby leaves for a month in Idaho for training for his new job. Whew, there is a lot going on - I guess you can see how I have so little time for sewing. I did, however, get some cross-stitch done. I am doing a set of Winnie the Pooh characters for the baby's room and Tigger is done. Now I'm working on Winnie. Then comes Eeyore and Piglet. When I get home I'll post a picture. That's about it for now!!

No comments: