Monday, August 6, 2007

since I'm not sewing...

I thought I might show you what I am doing. Mainly, waiting...yep, waiting for water to dry is about as long and boring a process as waiting for paint to dry. Paint comes later...

So here are some pictures of my house. Please excuse the horrible mess :) You can see the holes that the water extraction people cut in the baseboards of my walls to help the drywall dry out. You can also see that basically everything in the downstairs of my home has been piled up on every available piece of furniture. I'm putting off taking all of this upstairs or into the garage for as long as possible because I'm afraid that once it gets moved it'll never go back to it's rightful spot.

Here is the kitchen, which sustained the most damage. You can see that our stove is in the middle of the room, now the dishwasher has joined it:


Here is the family room which, oddly enough, sustained the second most amount of damage, yet has the most furniture piled in:


The living room and part of the dining room - these rooms had more water than I thought - then again, carpet padding is made of sponges, so I shouldn't be that surprised:


The hallway, because the stairs are carpeted with the same carpet that was downstairs, we get new hardwood floors instead of carpeting in the whole downstairs of the house :)


So that's it. As soon as the water is dry (it's been a full week since cleanup began, but they found additional damage late last week that must finish drying) then we will get new paint and floors. I hope this will all be done before the end of the month. I'm already sick of the house being in shambles.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

wow, you've been though a lot!I just took some time to catch up on your blog...CONGRATS on your pregnancy!!! YAY!