Sunday, April 22, 2007

a quickie

Today I was in need of some instant gratification. The fabric for hubby's shirt is giving me fits and I needed to bust out something quick and easy. One of my friends was having a birthday today (although I won't see her again until Tuesday) and I was planning on making her an apron so I decided that today was the day.

I used McCall's 3979 which is a vintage apron in 5 styles. The sizes run S-XL but my friend is a very small petite (4'11" and less than 100lbs) so I adjusted the pattern to what would be an XS and shortened it by 2". I did a full review on PR that can be found here. It's a pretty simple pattern and I used quilting cotton in pinks and browns as well as purchased brown bias binding. Next time I make this pattern I will make my own binding but I was a little pressed for time. If given more time, I would have made binding from the pink paisley print.

Here is the finished product:







I have a few more people with this pattern in mind. It's a really cute vintage design.

4 comments:

Linda L said...

Love this apron. What neat styling.

renee said...

Love the colors, love the look.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

dawn said...

Very cute! I do the same thing....to get a mental break from a challenging project I whip up something fast and fairly mindless like a tote bag or skirt!