Friday, April 13, 2007

making progress...

just not as much as I would like. I didn't get my poppy jacket finished just yet. Too many other things have gotten in the way. All that needs to be done is applying elastic to the sleeve cuffs and then hemming the cuffs (I want the elastic so that when I lose more weight, the sleeves won't look super-huge on my *hopefully* thinner arms). Once the sleeves are finished I just need to add eyelets to the belt and sew the beltloops on and it's done! I WILL finish it tonight after work.

I have been getting sidetracked by my husband's need for new shirts. He really likes retro/bowling shirts and wants a collection of shirts in different color block variations. I think I will make a whole series of posts about these shirts because if he has his way, he'll have 20 when I'm done. I have ordered some polyester poplin from Vogue Fabrics for his first "real" bowling shirt and then will evaluate whether or not to continue making them of the same fabric. Hubby will probably love it, I'm not a fan of making clothing out of tablecloths (except when I was 14, but that's a story for another day).

For the first "muslin" of the pattern and process, I'm going to use black and burgundy peachskins that I got at Denver Fabrics. Hubby really likes the fabric and will definitely wear the shirt so it's a good choice for a wearable muslin.

More to come, so stay tuned!

No comments: