Wednesday, April 29, 2009

green gable - I got my yarn!

I still haven't blocked the lace for my purple tofu jacket yet, I had school until 10pm last night and just didn't feel like messing with it. I'll do it tonight and then I'm going to get started on Green Gable!

Today at lunch, I went to Jimmy Beans and bought the yarn. The pattern calls for Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and they have such a great color selection and it feels like it will be perfect for summer that I went ahead and decided to use that rather than make a substitution. I fell IN LOVE with the Robin Egg Blue color, it's the same color as a Tiffany's box!! My local store only carries it in 9 colors, but they had Robin Egg Blue!


So I bought enough to make the XL, although I've read a ton of reviews that indicate that making the next smaller size is sometimes better. The color is much more vibrant in person - the photo makes it look a little dusty.

I'm going to play around with gauge tonight and hopefully cast on. We'll see how far I get.

No comments: