Wednesday, December 10, 2008

progress!!!!!

I've made significant progress on the dress. Here is what I have so far:



I am really struggling with the sleeves - the sleeve cap it came with just doesn't cut it so I really need to figure out a better way to make it work. I am using the stiffest netting I can find, but I have a few ideas I'm going to try to see if I can get a poofier sleeve cap.

I also found shoes!!! I have spent every day this week working long hours at a property 30 minutes from home and haven't had time to really work on the dress or even look for shoes. Tonight was my last night of the off-site work and to celebrate I stopped at Dillards on my way home and found these:



Because the dress is a plain wool crepe, I wanted something with more pizzazz for the jewelry and shoes. These shoes are just the ticket.

No comments: