Sunday, December 14, 2008

the dress is done!!

I don't have a picture of the finished dress yet, but I finished it in time to wear it Friday night.

After the previous post, I took off the sleeves and cut 1" off of the cap. I also attached the lining to the zipper, hand-stitched the flanges to the bodice front and finished the hem of the dress and lining. Right now, the lining hangs free and I put a thread chain on the vent to hold the lining in place. I will either add two more thread chains at the side seams or permanently attach the lining to the hem - I haven't decided yet.

The dress was a hit and the party was a lot of fun. There are several pictures of me in the dress and as soon as I get them from my coworkers I'll post one. I'll also post a photo of the custom-made jewelry that a coworker made for me.

No comments: