Sunday, August 3, 2008

I have a plan

But first, I have some completed garments to show off!!!

First up is my very first BWOF. I've had a subscription for a couple of years now, and haven't gotten around to making anything from it yet. I was especially inspired by a top in the July 2008 issue. Here is my version of BWOF 7/08 #118!

My husband - although I love him dearly - is not the best fashion photographer and this is really the best of all of the photos he took. Next time, I think I'll just go with the tripod and do it myself. It doesn't help anymore that I had just come home from work when this picture was taken.
Here is a picture of the top with the skirt made from the same geometric print. The skirt is New Look 6735:


Next, my first HP Cosmopolitan Dress. I love this dress, although there are several changes I need to make for my next version. I made this from a purple, gray, black and white floral from Gorgeous Fabrics. It's been sold out for some time, but I think she either has a red or blue colorway of the same print. I'd look to find out for sure, but I have an infant on my lap who desperately wants to type along, so I need to finish this as quick as possible :)


Friday was the opening of bow-hunting season so my husband left Thursday afternoon and is expected back sometime this evening. I decided to work from home Friday and got quite a bit of planning done in between projects. Saturday I cut out a dress from New Look 6779 in a black/gray houndstooth double knit from Gorgeous Fabrics, another New Look 6735 skirt from a black/off-white/green ITY, a New Look 6430 (apparently out of print and no longer on their site) top from the same ITY and I cut out and finished this New Look 6470 top:


I bought this ITY from Fashion Fabrics Club and they advertised it as aqua. It even photographs as an aqua, but in reality, it's more of a kelly green. According to Pantone, it's called Fir (18-5621). It worked out perfectly because I thought it was going to be used with my brown/aqua wardrobe but ended up matching the green in a black/off-white/green leaf print ITY that I bought in the same order. I made view A without the sleeves. Here is a side view of the tie for the band:


I also have the Vogue alice+olivia pants planned from a charcoal RPL from Gorgeous Fabrics as well as a really cool gray herringbone tweed with little metallic colored threads woven in that I bought at Joann's.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Great pieces! Love that New Look top!!!