Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm IRRITATED!

TWO weeks ago I ordered several yards of the Burberry raincoat fabric in RED. TODAY I get an email from Denver Fabrics indicating that they have since sold out and cannot process my order. Now, I know that if the website isn't set up to keep track of inventory as purchases get made it's easy to place an order and have it sell out before you get your cut. I understand this; however, this fabric was still listed as in-stock on the website for a solid FIVE days after I placed my order. If it was sold out before they could process my order, it should have been marked as sold out much sooner, in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong. In any event, I was stoked to think that I actually managed to get my hands on some of the red before it sold out. That's what I get for counting my chickens...

To top things off, my credit card had ALREADY BEEN CHARGED for the fabric!! I'll have to give a few days and see if they bother refunding my money. Generally, my credit card gets charged when an order is ready to be shipped. I know there are also exceptions to this, but I've ordered from both Denver (since they switched owners) and FFC before and it has always been my experience that the card was charged just before shipping.

Thanks for letting me rant. On a brighter note, the UPS man and the mailman have both been spending an awful lot of time at my house. This weekend I'll share all of the goodies that have come my way...

No comments: