Tuesday, June 10, 2008

another baby capsule item finished!

Here is item #2 in baby Drew's capsule:


This is the first of several father/son bowling-style shirts. The pattern is Simplicity 3852


I took the baby romper pattern and cut off the shorts part, leaving the perfect baby button-down shirt pattern! After I made the buttonholes I realized that the bottom buttonhole is really too low. I'll fix this for the other shirts, probably only using 3 buttons instead of 4. I also couldn't find any 3/8" buttons, so I used 1/2" - fortunately they don't look too big.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that top! So stinking cute. I can't wait to see your guys modeling their styling new outfits.

Love the added touch of a decorative stitch on the blue - perfect! g

Sew Wilde said...

What a cute top!! I will be so cute on your little one.