Thursday, May 24, 2007

on the road...again

In addition to not doing much sewing, I also haven't been doing ANY blogging. Friday and Saturday before Mother's Day I made another Simplicity 3881 skirt in red/white graphic print and Simplicity 4076 in a perfectly matching red knit (this one was the crossover with the short sleeves). I wore the outfit to Mother's Day brunch with my mom and grandparents - my grandmother said I looked like something straight out of the Nieman Marcus catalog :) I'll post a photo of me in the full outfit when I am back in town for more than two days.

That was the last thing I've sewn...the next day I went to Toronto and this week I'm in Las Vegas. In the next two weeks I'll be back in Vegas and my weekends have been busy with homework and spending time with hubby and the pup (who is STILL getting bigger every day...the pup, not hubby).

Up next: some low-slung, wide-leg, drawstring pants out of a slightly off-white linen blend. I have everything in my stash, but don't remember the pattern number offhand. After this much time away from the craft, I'm in need of an instant-gratification fix. I've had much time to think and plan and I think I finally have some other projects decided as well. The list will be in a future post - again, when I'm home for more than two days.

I can't wait until this traveling slows down...then I can get some stuff done for ME!

No comments: